Phantom World: Hard Core Haunts by A.R. Braun – Release Date: September 22nd, The First Day of Fall
This collection explores the bitter feelings of isolation, loss, and denounces religion from various personalities. Here, we will be introduced to poltergeists, newly born ghost-entities learning about the afterlife, and spirits that are stuck in the netherworld. While some of these ectoplasmic beings may come across as innocent at times, their stories unfold in a manner to inform the reader as to why they were not allowed into the heaven, or allowed to have a “peaceful” afterlife.
With such harsh karma affecting their transitions, its no wonder why these phantoms have chosen to haunt rather than ascend. They simply can’t. The tales concocted here are tales of tormented souls out for revenge or they are finding ways to fight off the boredom that comes with eternal damnation.
So keep the lights on, and don’t read these tales alone. Who knows if you’ll be haunted next, or reach the end of the line?
“There are elements of Clive Barker in the telling of these 8 macabre tales, with brutal frankness, and an anger at the unjust nature of a capricious God”Critic, Dean Makin
A.R. Braun writes this collection of Hard Core Haunts from his own personal experiences in dabbling with the occult and esoteric. As horror author of over 14 publications, this collection of ghost stories spans over 9 years of writing experience. And simply put, the ghosts in this anthology are jerks.
Table of Contents: Phantom World – Hard Core Haunts
- The Hat Man: A man beaten-down by life suffers as the two hours of rest he gets every night is ruined by sleep paralysis.
- Recreant: A rock ‘n’ roller is haunted by the ghost of the huge jock-hippy that bullied him while alive, and the poor man will never be the same.
- Grannie’s Pickle: A man who was controlled by his grandmother can’t shake her violent specter now that she’s dead.
- Nil Caveat: A unsuspecting gent moves into the apartment of the devil.
- That Chick in Stilettos: A young writer finally chases down his crush, only to find they’ve crossed over to the other realm.
- Une Maison Hantee: An American moves to France, where his dreams come true, then gets assaulted from the beyond.
- The Woman Wore Black: An eerie woman in black creeps to the door of a well-to-do man, who’s in for the fright of his life.
- Beyond Death: A sixteen-year-old who thought she was in love with a man now has to get used to being a ghost—and, of course, there’s no way to get used to being a ghost.
About the Author of Phantom World: Hard Core Haunts
Once completing the Bram-Stoker-Award-nominated Jeremy Shipp’s Boot Camp, A. R. Braun writes the following novels: Dogman of Illinois, Heaven’s Witches, Autonomy, and Only Women in Hell. As well as publishing the short-story collections: Insanity, Horror Book, Grimoire, and the novella, 66SICK.
He became interested in horror when he read “The Telltale Heart,” as an assignment in high school. By the time he was eighteen, he owns the whole Stephen King collection and begins writing short stories for friends and family.
A. R. holds numerous publication credits, including “NREM Sleep” in the D.O.A. anthology; “Freaks” in Downstate Story magazine; “The Unwanted Visitors” in the Vermin anthology; “Coven” in the Heavy Metal Horror anthology; “Remember Me?” in Horror Bound magazine; and “Shades of Gray (the Symbiosis of Light and Dark)” in Micro Horror magazine.
“The Interloper” wins story of the month in 2009’s June Full Moon in Bloom issue of SNM Horror Magazine, and the piece was included in the SNM Horror anthology, Bonded by Blood 2: a Romance in Red.
A.R. Braun is a featured writer in our fiction anthology, “Mad Men” – a collection of three disturbing tales exploring what lies within man. Available now at Google Books, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Apple iBooks, Smashwords, and Amazon.