Gothic America is a collection of a “Lucky 7” short vintage horror stories that were originally published prior to the 1900’s. This vintage throw back is set to be a horrific gathering for your very own Halloween gathering. These stories are quick, witty, and easily shareable with children in the room. Perhaps not in the 1800’s, but today’s children are ready for these horrors as they are more subtle in nature.
They are not gore-heavy, or littered with loud and grotesque imagery. With the same friendly spirit that Washington Irving wrote The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, this collection is also intended to be shared in a group setting of all ages. These stories are meant to be read aloud and in the dark.
Available for download below for only 99 cents, and on Amazon.
For more dark supernatural fiction, check out our other books here.
- The Adventure of the German Student by Washington Irving
- An Occurrence at owl Creek Bridge by Ambrose Bierce
- The Foreigner by Sarah Orne Jewett
- The Giant Wistaria by Charlotte P. Gilman
- The Tartarus of Maids by Herman Melville
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte P. Gilman
- The Minister’s Black Veil by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Edited and Illustrated by Giovanni J.M.