Love is in the air and you want to impress this person witha surprise book store date. Maybe you want to show off your knowledge of Wordsworth’s English poetry, or perhaps you would like to debate over the geopolitical theories presented by Foucault and Chomsky.
Or perhaps you want to keep it lighthearted and have some fun. Here are 12 great ideas to carry out on your next book store date.
1. Arrange a book store tour.
2. Find a poem, read it out loud and then copy it into your journal.
3. Hunt for authors with your same last name.
4. Leave a thoughtful review on a post-it note in a book you really loved.
5. Scan the books of quotes. Find a good one and write it outside on the sidewalk with chalk.
6. Find out what specialty books that store offers; local, spirituality, horror, etc.
7. Look for the biggest book in the store and take your picture with it.
9. Browse books on the flora and fauna of your area. Learn to identify something new.
10. Go to the cookbook area, choose a recipe, and make plans for the next date.
11. Browse the travel section, find a place you want to visit, make some plans.
12 . Buy each other your favorite book from the day.
If you loved this list and would like to read more about book stores around the world, check out these book lover articles here.
Willy Martinez is a creative writer, film director, editor, publisher boxing coach and non-fiction writer. Since being honorably discharged from the Marines in 2004, he has pursued his passion for telling stories, whether they be through film, graphic design, and writing for digital art.
View all posts by Willy Martinez