For Willy, nothing resonates more than a story with some good Fear appeal.
For over 17 years, Willy has learned to become a jack of all trades – which, one has to be if one wants to survive as a multimedia guy. He has worked with big film production companies, successfully fundraised for various non-profit organizations, and runs a USA registered Boxing Club.
None of this would be possible without a good story. As the great writer, Maya Angelou once said, “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Willy lives nestled between the Shawnee Woods, just near Crab Orchard Lake, with his wife, two daughters and -ready for it – three cats, dog, three fishies, and a bearded dragon.
“For years, I knew I was going to be a writer. Pretty much ever since I penned the fictiona short story, “Caveman Will,” in 3rd grade. Although I didn’t do much long-form writing after that, I have studied other writers and went on to earn a Masters in Rhetoric and Composition – some fancy words for discourse.”Willy Martinez
- The Mythology of Canek and Sac Nicte: An Ancient Mayan Love Story
- 20 of The Most Unknown Ancient Mayan Legends (Part 1)
- “Helltown”- Exploring the Latest Adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut’s Experience With a Serial Killer
- La Siguanaba: Exploring the Mythology of Central America.
- Manifesting: Flash Fiction for Growth
In his off time, he makes time to write poetry, short fiction, blogs for The Ritual, and publish content for Mind on Fire Books.